BlazeMeter vs Postman: What are the differences?
Developers describe BlazeMeter as "The Load Testing Platform for Developers". Simulate any user scenario for webapps, websites, mobile apps or web services. 100% Apache JMeter compatible. Scalable from 1 to 1,000,000+ concurrent users.
. On the other hand, Postman is detailed as "Only complete API development environment". Postman is the only complete API development environment, used by nearly five million developers and more than 100,000 companies worldwide.
BlazeMeter can be classified as a tool in the "Load and Performance Testing" category, while Postman is grouped under "API Tools".
Some of the features offered by BlazeMeter are:
- 100% JMeter Compatible- Take full advantage of JMeter’s scripting capabilities or let our auto-scripting feature take care of the details.
- Scalable and Realistic- Easily scale from 100 to 300,000+ concurrent users using realistic visitor behaviour and browser simulation.
- Start Testing in 2 Minutes- Use up to 100 dedicated servers per test. No setup or installation required. Self-service and on-demand.
On the other hand, Postman provides the following key features:
- Compact layout
- HTTP requests with file upload support
- Formatted API responses for JSON and XML
"I can run load tests without needing JMeter scripts. " is the top reason why over 7 developers like BlazeMeter, while over 463 developers mention "Easy to use" as the leading cause for choosing Postman.
PedidosYa, Movielala, and Webedia are some of the popular companies that use Postman, whereas BlazeMeter is used by MIT, Nike, and Stormpath. Postman has a broader approval, being mentioned in 1725 company stacks & 2166 developers stacks; compared to BlazeMeter, which is listed in 6 company stacks and 3 developer stacks.