CopperEgg vs RightScale: What are the differences?
What is CopperEgg? Cloud monitoring for your servers, websites, processes, and web applications. Continuous visibility and cloud monitoring for all your servers – hosted or private, Linux or Windows. Works great with Amazon EC2, Rackspace, or any public or private cloud.
What is RightScale? Manage all of your cloud infrastructure with a single, integrated solution. Automation is the core of RightScale, freeing you to run efficient, scalable, and highly-available applications. Our multi-cloud integration enables you to choose your own clouds, providing freedom to work with any vendor in a rapidly changing market. And rest assured knowing that you have visibility and control over all of your resources in one place. To take advantage of best practices, we encourage you to tap into cloud expertise provided by our service, support, and partner networks when building and managing your infrastructure.
CopperEgg and RightScale can be primarily classified as "Cloud Management" tools.
Some of the features offered by CopperEgg are:
- Any Server – Cloud, Virtual, or Physical- Whether your servers are physical, virtual, on-premise, in the cloud, or a combination of these, get the server performance insight you need from any location. Supports Ubuntu, CentOS, Windows and many more.
- CopperEgg cloud monitoring integrates with Chef and supports cloud server monitoring for CentOS, Ubuntu, Windows, RedHat, FreeBSD, MacOSX, and additional Linux varieties.
- Real-Time Updates- Updates every few seconds to provide you with the ability to correct an issue before a catastrophe occurs.
On the other hand, RightScale provides the following key features:
- Supports: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Datapipe, Google Cloud Platform, HP Cloud, IDCF — Yahoo! Japan, Rackspace, SoftLayer, Windows Azure, CloudStack, OpenStack
- Access, manage, and configure all of your resources — compute, networking, and storage — across all of your clouds.
- See and manipulate all of your cloud servers in one place.
What is CopperEgg?
What is RightScale?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Why do developers choose RightScale?
What are the cons of using CopperEgg?
What are the cons of using RightScale?
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions
It really is possible with CopperEgg to just do that. The setup process takes around a minute and you can benefit from results instantly.
By far, at least for me, the favorite feature I've used is comparison of current servers with what they should like if they would run in AWS.
Their support is awesome and really really fast and I don't really have any complaints about their service so far.
Disclosure: I'm not affiliated with them but I do like their service.