FogBugz vs Pivotal Tracker: What are the differences?
Developers describe FogBugz as "The world's easiest bug tracking system". FogBugz tracks bugs, issues, and customer support tickets through every stage of the development process. We built it to be quick and easy to use, so that your developers will actually use it. Over 20,000 teams from the world's best software companies use FogBugz because it keeps their developers productive and happy. On the other hand, Pivotal Tracker is detailed as "Build better software, faster". Collaborative, lightweight agile project management tool, brought to you by the experts in agile software development.
FogBugz belongs to "Issue Tracking" category of the tech stack, while Pivotal Tracker can be primarily classified under "Agile Project Management".
Some of the features offered by FogBugz are:
- Issue and Bug Tracking- Effortless Bug Reporting, Customizable Case Lists, and Full Case Histories
- Project Management- Wikis, Evidence-based Scheduling, Task Outlining, and Reporting
- Customer Support- Email Management, AutoSort, and Snippets
On the other hand, Pivotal Tracker provides the following key features:
- Tracker Story- simple story editing and drag-and-drop prioritization
- Velocity and Emergent Iterations- Tracker calculates future iterations automatically, based on historical performance.
- Release and Scope Management- Completion dates are calculated automatically, based on velocity - your live measure of historical performance. See impact on scope as new stories are added immediately, and move stories around easily via drag and drop as priorities change.
According to the StackShare community, Pivotal Tracker has a broader approval, being mentioned in 198 company stacks & 55 developers stacks; compared to FogBugz, which is listed in 11 company stacks and 5 developer stacks.
What is FogBugz?
What is Pivotal Tracker?
Want advice about which of these to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Why do developers choose FogBugz?
Sign up to add, upvote and see more prosMake informed product decisions
What are the cons of using FogBugz?
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions
Pivotal is nice if you’re a contractor or have a small team with simple process. In fact, in those circumstances it may be one of the best tools out there aside from Trello.
However, if you have a larger team, it’s difficult for Pivotal Tracker to fit your process. It’s also difficult to plan with Pivotal Tracker - it often ends up being more of a triage tool than a good planning tool.
The biggest limitations are the limited states for stories and limited views - everything is in a column and you can’t preset a view the whole team can see, so team members have a very hard time visually seeing the same set of stories.
We use Pivotal Tracker to organize our development for all of our clients. Tracker enables our agile-inspired process, which helps us deliver the most value to our clients.