InVision vs Pivotal Tracker: What are the differences?
Developers describe InVision as "Prototyping & Collaboration For Design Teams". InVision lets you create stunningly realistic interactive wireframes and prototypes without compromising your creative vision. On the other hand, Pivotal Tracker is detailed as "Build better software, faster". Collaborative, lightweight agile project management tool, brought to you by the experts in agile software development.
InVision and Pivotal Tracker are primarily classified as "Interactive Mockups" and "Agile Project Management" tools respectively.
Some of the features offered by InVision are:
- Quickly link up your UX sketches, digital wireframes and even high-fidelity designs to share with your team.
- Send out a link to load your project in a browser, present it in-person, or sms your project direct to a mobile device for an instant touchable demo.
- Threaded comments connect to a specific point on-screen and double up as to-dos.
On the other hand, Pivotal Tracker provides the following key features:
- Tracker Story- simple story editing and drag-and-drop prioritization
- Velocity and Emergent Iterations- Tracker calculates future iterations automatically, based on historical performance.
- Release and Scope Management- Completion dates are calculated automatically, based on velocity - your live measure of historical performance. See impact on scope as new stories are added immediately, and move stories around easily via drag and drop as priorities change.
"Collaborative" is the top reason why over 156 developers like InVision, while over 70 developers mention "Agile" as the leading cause for choosing Pivotal Tracker.
Airbnb, StackShare, and ebay are some of the popular companies that use InVision, whereas Pivotal Tracker is used by Twitter, Groupon, and Zendesk. InVision has a broader approval, being mentioned in 991 company stacks & 363 developers stacks; compared to Pivotal Tracker, which is listed in 198 company stacks and 55 developer stacks.
What is InVision?
What is Pivotal Tracker?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Sign up to add, upvote and see more prosMake informed product decisions
What are the cons of using InVision?
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions
Pivotal is nice if you’re a contractor or have a small team with simple process. In fact, in those circumstances it may be one of the best tools out there aside from Trello.
However, if you have a larger team, it’s difficult for Pivotal Tracker to fit your process. It’s also difficult to plan with Pivotal Tracker - it often ends up being more of a triage tool than a good planning tool.
The biggest limitations are the limited states for stories and limited views - everything is in a column and you can’t preset a view the whole team can see, so team members have a very hard time visually seeing the same set of stories.
I really like InVision. They're great for dumping a bunch of sketches on and showing someone else your ideas super easily. I highly recommend them for prototyping apps (plus they work on mobile!).
We use Pivotal Tracker to organize our development for all of our clients. Tracker enables our agile-inspired process, which helps us deliver the most value to our clients.
We use zeplin as an interface between designers, developers and stakeholders for sharing, improving and discussing designs
Since we are fully distributed team, we must use these kinds of tools for collaboration. This one is used for UI/UX
Mainly for the Mobile Application. Invision is an awesome tool for fast prototyping, especially on mobile devices.
I used the free version some time ago since the paid version is barely affordable as a business in germany.
Another way we help show you from the very beginning what things may look like, and make changes accordingly.