Logentries vs New Relic: What are the differences?
What is Logentries? Real-time log management and analytics built for the cloud. Logentries makes machine-generated log data easily accessible to IT operations, development, and business analysis teams of all sizes. With the broadest platform support and an open API, Logentries brings the value of log-level data to any system, to any team member, and to a community of more than 25,000 worldwide users.
What is New Relic? SaaS Application Performance Management for Ruby, PHP, .Net, Java, Python, and Node.js Apps. New Relic is the all-in-one web application performance tool that lets you see performance from the end user experience, through servers, and down to the line of application code.
Logentries and New Relic are primarily classified as "Log Management" and "Performance Monitoring" tools respectively.
Some of the features offered by Logentries are:
- Logs as Metrics - Extract field level values, analyze them using powerful search functions, and visualize them with detailed dashboards.
- Dynamic Log Correlation - Dynamically group and correlate your logs in a single dashboard, or aggregate logs from a particular system to give an end-to-end view.
- Live Tail - View your streaming logs in real-time and highlight important events to easily see errors or exceptions in your live data.
On the other hand, New Relic provides the following key features:
- Performance Data Retention
- Real-User Response Time, Throughput, & Breakdown by Layer
- App Response Time, Throughput, & Breakdown by Component
"Log search" is the primary reason why developers consider Logentries over the competitors, whereas "Easy setup" was stated as the key factor in picking New Relic.
Airbnb, Spotify, and StackShare are some of the popular companies that use New Relic, whereas Logentries is used by PedidosYa, Accenture, and Movielala. New Relic has a broader approval, being mentioned in 3141 company stacks & 576 developers stacks; compared to Logentries, which is listed in 136 company stacks and 18 developer stacks.
Sign up to add or upvote prosMake informed product decisions
Sign up to add or upvote consMake informed product decisions
What is Logentries?
What is New Relic?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions