Desk.com vs Zendesk: What are the differences?
What is Desk.com? The all-in-one system for delivering awesomely responsive customer support. Desk.com lets you see all your customers in one place and engage them across all your support channels (Twitter, Facebook, phone, email, chat and discussion boards) in one easy-to-use desktop. Be there for your customers — anytime, anywhere.
What is Zendesk? The leading cloud-based customer service software solution. Zendesk provides an integrated on-demand helpdesk - customer support portal solution based on the latest Web 2.0 technologies and design philosophies.
Desk.com and Zendesk belong to "Help Desk" category of the tech stack.
Some of the features offered by Desk.com are:
- Case Management- Stay on top of your support by tracking the owner, priority and status of every customer interaction. Create business rules to automate your workflow. Use case filters to focus on what's important.
- Universal Inbox- View and respond to all customer questions and inquiries from one spot: Desk.com's universal inbox. Email, Twitter, Facebook, Chat, and Phone
- Mobile- Use your iPhone or Android to stay on top of customer issues, collaborate with your team, and track and reply to cases, and see real-time notifications.
On the other hand, Zendesk provides the following key features:
- Offer your customers a quick path to the answers they need with knowledge base and community features.
- Zendesk takes customer communication from anywhere—your website, email, phone, Twitter, Facebook, and chat—and turns it into a ticket.
- Zendesk simplifies your support team's workflow with custom automatic actions, meaningful organization, and streamlined systems for managing support content.
"Collaboration functionality" is the primary reason why developers consider Desk.com over the competitors, whereas "Centralizes our customer support" was stated as the key factor in picking Zendesk.
What is Desk.com?
What is Zendesk?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Sign up to add, upvote and see more prosMake informed product decisions
What are the cons of using Desk.com?
What are the cons of using Zendesk?
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions
We use Zendesk for customer support and hosting documentation. Additionally, we provide documentation search from within our application using Zendesk's API
Receiving notifications when Tasks are assigned and being able to update the Tasks when the calendar event has changed.
Our Customer Care peeps use it and we synchronise customer data into it to help them organise and find things quickly.
It's our customer service system for dealing with inbound ticket requests from any channel integrated.